Acting Classes Via Zoom
Interested in developing your acting skills in a small group environment where you work every week?
I maintain small class sizes, max 8 students per class and we work together once a week for 3-hours. Everyone gets the time they need. Classes are on-going, running month to month, and you only need to commit one month at a time. Pop in for one month, or continue on every month, it's completely up to you!
I welcome you to join us in discovery at ‘For the Actor’.
- Every student will work every week. Weekly attendance is required.
- This is a 4 week monologue and script analysis class, using the principles of The Chubbuck Technique, Uta Hagen and Sanford Meisner. We meet once a week for 3 hours per class and there is always homework to be completed between classes.
- The cost is $225 per month. Successful applicants will be notified and payment will be taken in full at time of placement being offered.
- Each student will be required to read Ivana Chubbuck’s book ’The Power of the Actor’ and be familiar with her technique before we begin.
- Students will be assigned a monologue from a play or film that they will work on for the 1st 2 weeks, then get a new assignment, or you can choose to stick with the same monologue if you’d like to explore that piece further. Once you've been assigned your monologue, you begin the work.
- While you work, you receive guidance and corrections to improve your performance. While others work, the learning continues as you soak up performance notes given to your fellow students. This method works beautifully and really allows me to give each student personal care and attention
- Please ensure you have a quiet, uninterrupted place to work, with good wifi and a zoom connection.
- Bring a notebook, pen/pencil, and a bottle of water.
Thank you for your interest. I’m very much looking forward to beginning our 2021 classes!
It’s a whole new world just waiting to be discovered!